1.1K views
2.1
Style and Design

I bought a pair of sunglasses from Otticanet, 6/18/2017. The sunglasses did not close properly, but I didn't want to go through the return process and hassle so I kept them.

Then I receive a collections bill saying that I need to pay duties on the item! The original invoice clearly stated, TAX-FREE GUARANTEED. I tried to use the link on Otticanet to get a refund on the taxes, but when I typed in my order number, I got this: "A request to be refunded for duties cannot be submitted for the present order." Otticanet is very unethical and failed to be transparent.

I called customer service but only got their voicemail. Stay away from this company if you don't want to receive fake sunglasses and pay extra duties and taxes!!!!

I didn't like: Nondisclosure of taxes and customs cost, Collections calls 6 months later, Paying for duties when it is advertised as tax free guaranteed.

Comments

#1420883

I bought a pair of sunglasses and it says Arnette and polarized but doesn’t say where it’s made. Are they fake?

Otticanet

Hi there!

I just checked your order and saw that my collegue sent you the instructions once again to be refunded for the import tax bill. I wish you would have contacted us earlier as we absolutely do refund customer that receive this bill.

If you are still not able to go through the tax free page using your e-mail at time of order and order number please send us a copy of the bill by e-mail and we will insert it manually.

This will no longer be problem as we have opened up a U.S Company so that our U.S customers do no longer need to go through the refund process.

Kind Regards