1.1K views
1.9
Style and Design

I must say that I pretty much only shop online and I had the worst experience EVER with this company. First of all, I had to pay 80$ worth of taxes and duties for a pair of sunglasses worth 260$.

If I knew this I would of bought them in the store instead. They mentioned the VAT in their website however the VAT in Canada for such an amount is no more than 20.00$ (I always order online so I know exactly those cost). Then I have of course refused the package which is totally normal and I have sent an email to Otticanet. They started arguing with me saying that if I refuse it then I will have to pay taxes and duties, etc which never happens.

After about one week an a half, they have accepted to have the parcel delivered back to them, stating that the shipping fee will not be refunded (which is normal so that was okay). They FINALLY received my sunglasses and told me it will be processed within a week. After 3 WEEKS I contacted them back and I finally had my refund. However, they only refunded me 229$ out of the 277$ initially paid since they said that they had to pay FedEx 35$ for the shipping.

I have sent them a message about this and I got the most unprofessional response EVER. I will deal with PayPal myself for a full refund since this is ridiculous. They are the nicest and greatest person when you buy something, however if you are unhappy about something or wish to return something, they are the worst company to deal with.

I DO NOT recommend this company and there are plenty of other websites with great prices for sunglasses such as Shade Station or Fashion Eyewear UK, in which you actually do not pay any taxes since they do not ship with FedEX (I received my package earlier with them actually) and their customer service is great and very professional. Also this company tries to delete bad reviews on other websites, therefore do not trust them.

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

I didn't like: Nondisclosure of taxes and customs cost.

Comments

Alpharetta, Georgia, United States #1345991

Same experience, surprise bill from FedEx after receiving glasses that were advertised on the Otticanet website with "free" shipping.